What is 3D™ Laser?
♥ Every person ages at a different rate and in different ways. Some develop redness, age or sun spots while others have large pores, fine lines, wrinkles or loose skin. 3D Skin Rejuvenation™ takes a three-tiered approach to rejuvenating your skin. 3D Skin Rejuvenation™ offers LimeLight Facial™ or Photo Genesis, Laser Genesis and Titan®, resulting in noticeably improved skin tone, texture, and tightness. LimeLight Facial and Photo Genesis are light-based procedures which address problems right at the skin’s surface - redness, mottled complexions, freckles and sun damage. Laser Genesis utilizes a laser to soften fine lines and wrinkles, shrink pores and decrease or eliminate redness found deeper in the epidermis. Laser Genesis has been proven to stimulate the creation of new collagen, giving your face a more youthful appearance. Titan utilizes infrared light to heat tissue in the deep dermis. This creates new collagen in the dermis, resulting in tighter skin.
You may notice that some spots which have been treated with the Fraxel Dual machine may appear darker immediately after the treatment. This is normal and indicates that the pigment will easily slough off in several days. You may also notice some redness and swelling, which should subside about a few days after the treatment. Make sure to use the ice the aestheticians may have given you. You may use concealer over the treated area until the pigment flakes off. Some spots will not darken after treatment but will show signs of lightening about a week after treatment.
Keep in mind that laser treatments tend to dry the skin and make it slightly more sensitive to UV rays. For this reason, please make sure to follow the guidelines listed below:
- No traveling right after the treatment.
- Avoid exposing the treated the areas to direct sunshine outdoors for the first 4 days.
- ALWAYS use sunblock! Even on a rainy, cloudy day, UV rays can still penetrate the clouds.
- Use a high-quality moisturizer
The best thing to do after a treatment is to use common sense and baby the skin a little. There are several things you should avoid immediately after an IPL treatment. There are:
- Do not swim in chlorinated pools or hot tubs for 2 days (the day of treatment and the day after) following the procedure.
- Do not use any masks at home for one week.
- Do not get any professional facials done for 14 days
- Do not use abrasive or exfoliating cleansers for 14 days.
- Do not expose the treated area to extreme sun exposure (for example, several hours on the beach without a hat) for 4 days.
- Do not use fading or bleaching agents for 14 days.
- Do not use any products containing alpha or beta hydroxy acids, lactic acid, retinoids, glycolic acid, or vitamin C for 14 days.