What is Titan™ ?
The skin of the neck has been markedly improved
♥ Collagen is the supporting structure of the skin. As the skin ages, collagen breakdown occurs, leading to wrinkles and skin laxity. With Titan, infrared light travels to the deeper layers of the skin causing tightening of the collagen architecture in the dermis. In addition, it stimulates new collagen production. With each Titan pulse, you will feel a brief warming sensation. It is a virtually painless procedure for most people. Titan procedure works to tone, lift, and tighten skin in all areas including the face, abdomen, arms, and thighs - anywhere you have excess or loose skin. The Titan procedure is comfortable and requires no anesthesia. There is no down-time (or recovery time) with the Titan procedure. Titan procedure stimulates a natural collagen rebuilding process. The Titan procedure creates subtle, yet noticeable, rejuvenating improvements.
You may notice that some spots which have been treated with the Fraxel Dual machine may appear darker immediately after the treatment. This is normal and indicates that the pigment will easily slough off in several days. You may also notice some redness and swelling, which should subside about a few days after the treatment. Make sure to use the ice the aestheticians may have given you. You may use concealer over the treated area until the pigment flakes off. Some spots will not darken after treatment but will show signs of lightening about a week after treatment.
Keep in mind that laser treatments tend to dry the skin and make it slightly more sensitive to UV rays. For this reason, please make sure to follow the guidelines listed below:
- No traveling right after the treatment.
- Avoid exposing the treated the areas to direct sunshine outdoors for the first 4 days.
- ALWAYS use sunblock! Even on a rainy, cloudy day, UV rays can still penetrate the clouds.
- Use a high-quality moisturizer
The best thing to do after a treatment is to use common sense and baby the skin a little. There are several things you should avoid immediately after an IPL treatment. There are:
- Do not swim in chlorinated pools or hot tubs for 2 days (the day of treatment and the day after) following the procedure.
- Do not use any masks at home for one week.
- Do not get any professional facials done for 14 days
- Do not use abrasive or exfoliating cleansers for 14 days.
- Do not expose the treated area to extreme sun exposure (for example, several hours on the beach without a hat) for 4 days.
- Do not use fading or bleaching agents for 14 days.
- Do not use any products containing alpha or beta hydroxy acids, lactic acid, retinoids, glycolic acid, or vitamin C for 14 days.
♥ When do the results appear, and how long do they last?
The results are both immediate and progressive. Soon after the treatment, the surface of your skin will feel softer and smoother, look brighter and show a more even tone. The next 3 to 6 months will bring more improvement as the deeper layers of the skin continue to create new collagen. Results are long lasting depending on your lifestyle, age, skin condition and skin care regimen.
♥ What should I expect after treatment?Depending on the level of the treatment, you may experience redness or swelling after the procedure which diminishes as quickly as the next day or over the next several