What is QX-Max?
♥ The laser delivers specific wavelengths in ultra-short, very high energy pulses that are absorbed by the pigment in the skin resulting in an acoustic shockwave. The shockwave shatters pigment particles, releasing them from their encapsulation and breaking them into fragments small enough for removal and elimination by the body.Since the laser light must be absorbed by the pigment particles, the laser wavelength is carefully selected to match the absorption spectrum of the pigment. The QX MAX system removes all common pigment colors – black and dark tones, blues and sky blues, reds and tans, and greens – by breaking up pigment particles so that they can be absorbed by the body. With the QX MAX machine, you can remove the most complex and all common pigmented lesions. QX MAX generates single-nanosecond pulses which are more efficient at pigment removal than multiple-pulse technologies of equivalently high energy. Single pulses are not affected by the optical shielding phenomenon that arises during laser treatments; more and deeper-lying structures can be reached and removed. Laser treatment efficacy and efficiency in a single session are thus maximized.
You may notice that some spots which have been treated with the Fraxel Dual machine may appear darker immediately after the treatment. This is normal and indicates that the pigment will easily slough off in several days. You may also notice some redness and swelling, which should subside about a few days after the treatment. Make sure to use the ice the aestheticians may have given you. You may use concealer over the treated area until the pigment flakes off. Some spots will not darken after treatment but will show signs of lightening about a week after treatment.
Keep in mind that laser treatments tend to dry the skin and make it slightly more sensitive to UV rays. For this reason, please make sure to follow the guidelines listed below:
- No traveling right after the treatment.
- Avoid exposing the treated the areas to direct sunshine outdoors for the first 4 days.
- ALWAYS use sunblock! Even on a rainy, cloudy day, UV rays can still penetrate the clouds.
- Use a high-quality moisturizer
The best thing to do after a treatment is to use common sense and baby the skin a little. There are several things you should avoid immediately after an IPL treatment. There are:
- Do not swim in chlorinated pools or hot tubs for 2 days (the day of treatment and the day after) following the procedure.
- Do not use any masks at home for one week.
- Do not use whitening or bleaching products for one week.
- Do not get any professional facials done for 14 days
- Do not use abrasive or exfoliating cleansers for 14 days.
- Do not expose the treated area to extreme sun exposure (for example, several hours on the beach without a hat) for 4 days.
- Do not use fading or bleaching agents for 14 days.
- Do not use any products containing alpha or beta hydroxy acids, lactic acid, retinoids, glycolic acid, or vitamin C for 14 days.