What is Restylane®/Juvederm ?
♥ Restylane®/Juvederm is a safe cosmetic dermal filler that restores volume and fullness to the skin to correct facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane®/Juvederm have been used in more than 3 million treatments and in over 70 countries. They are made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the skin. Its job is to provide fullness and elasticity. Over time, the skin loses hyaluronic acid due to general aging. And as it diminishes, the skin loses volume which increases the chance for wrinkles and folds to appear. The hyaluronic acid in Restylane® is a crystal-clear gel called NASHA or Non-Animal Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid. NASHA is completely biocompatible with human hyaluronic acid。
♥Before The Procedure:
1. Discontinue aspirin and ibuprofen products (Advil, Motrin) for ten (10) days prior to treatment. Tylenol is permitted.
2. Avoid Vitamin E supplements for ten (10) days prior to treatment. Regular multivitamins are permitted.
3. Avoid alcoholic beverages for 48 hours prior to treatment.
4. Routine medications may be taken the morning of procedure with a light breakfast.
♥After The Procedure:
1. *Eyes: No sunglasses
2. *Nose: No sunglasses
3. *Lips: No hot drinks for 24 hours.
4. No traveling for 24-48 hours after the treatment.
5. No dental work for 30 days after treatment.
6. No alcohol, spicy foods, or other possible irritating foods for 3 days.
7. Antibiotic: If a prescription for an antibiotic is given to you, please take them as directed.
8. Medications to avoid: Do not take Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen or Vitamin E supplements for five (5) days after the procedure.
9. Rest: Try to rest for 12 to 24 Hours.
10. Bathing: Normal showering is permitted the day after the procedure.
11. Ice Pack: Apply an ice pack 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off for 6 hours after the procedure.
12. Head elevation: Keep your head elevated for the remainder of the day, and sleep on an elevated pillow for the first night.
13. Suntan: Please avoid tanning until after all bruising resolves.
14. Return to work: Most patients can return to work immediately after the procedure.
15. Exercise: Light exercising is permitted once you feel up to it, but avoid strenuous activities for the 3 days.
16. Facials, massages, lasers: Don’t have facial, massage or laser treatment in the following 2 weeks.
17. Hair treatment: Don’t have any hair treatment in 24 hours to avoid inflammation.
♥How long does this procedure last?
The procedure lasts between 15-45min depending on the area and number of areas.
♥When can I see the results?
This procedure proven to deliver long-lasting results. Studies have shown that effects generally last for about 6-24 months depending on individual body type and maintenance。
♥What can I expect after my treatment?
Patients are up and around immediately after receiving treatments. You can expect greatly improved wrinkles, enhanced lips or smoothed-out depressed scars. Any discomfort following the procedure can be controlled with medication. The treatment site may have a little swelling, which may last 24 to 36 hours depending on which area was treated
♥What are some common side effects?
Discomfort is usually minimal and usually consists of mild soreness. Effects improve markedly over the first seven (7) days. Extra Strength Tylenol is generally all that is required. If you have pain unrelieved by Tylenol, please call the office. Mild bruising and swelling may occur for a few days. Swelling will slowly disappear over 1-2 weeks.